A beautifully restored cotton mill serves as the space of possibility at this Simpsonville, SC wedding venue. I was able to visit this lovely site and it absolutely blew me away. Jeannie Thrailkill gave us a fabulous tour of The LOOM.
About the Venue
The LOOM, owned by Cindy + Dean Cox, has been in business for 8 years. In its original state, it was the old cotton mill and the very room where events are held was the weaving room. Located between the rustic, light-wrapped wood columns were looms, hence the name of this Simpsonville, SC wedding venue.
Just minutes from downtown Greenville, the 6,000-square-foot space can host both your wedding & reception holding up to 200 guests. When used as just a reception space, a guest count of 250 can be met. An outdoor patio allows for guest mingling between events as the space is transformed for the reception (the skilled team can do this is just 15 minutes!). The patio features trees with hanging tea lights, patio lights, and seasonal flowers. High-top tables and a bar can be set up (additional costs) to take care of guests. Some brides have featured games on the patio!
Details & Features
Key features to this space are its hardwood floors, high ceilings with exposed beams, brick walls all around, and huge windows that let in direct natural light. It all comes together creating a beautiful & open space for happy couples. To add more personalization to your big day, The LOOM offers the following:
- Paper Lanterns
- The LOOM has a plethora of paper lanterns that adorn & add to the overall feel of the space.
- Colored Linens
- Offering a wide range of colors, couples will visit The LOOM’s supply house where a mock table will be created showing just what they can expect.
- Garden Chairs
- Chairs come in 3 color options with both inexpensive & upgrade options.
- Gobo (short for graphical optical blackout)
- The gobo can project a custom image onto a wall. If choosing this option, you will need to bring your image in on a disk.
- Handicap Accessible
Most wedding venues offer a bridal suite, but unique to The LOOM’s is the one-way mirror that gives the awaiting bride the ability to view & enjoy her wedding (and not be seen!) until her big reveal.
- A total of 14 shepherd hooks are provided to line the sides of the aisle.
- An old barn door is available to display initials, a monogram, a photo, or another…
- A beautiful wooden cake station offering tiers (sometimes used for cupcakes!).
- Still working out details for centerpieces? The LOOM offers lanterns to rent instead.
The LOOM at cotton mill place located in Simpsonville, SC is a rustic wedding venue that offers a wonderful space with carefully placed décor and a few features you won’t find anywhere else!